Terms & Conditions
DEVON 4x4 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following are the terms and conditions (called "these Terms") for the sale of goods by us and replace any previous terms and conditions. The Company intends to rely upon these Terms.
If you want to change them, please make sure you ask for any changes to be put in writing. This is to avoid any misunderstandings as to what we and you are expected to do.
It is important that you read and understand these Terms before ordering from us. If there is any term that you do not understand please notify our Customer Services Department before ordering from us. Please email email@example.com
Please read through the Terms carefully before placing your order and then if you are ordering from our website print a copy for future reference.
We may change these Terms from time to time without notice to you. However, any changes will only apply to any subsequent orders received.
Purchasing from our website
The details on our websites are not offers that you can accept.
The contract between us will be formed once we confirm to you acceptance of your order.
We will do this by email for internet orders, by telephone for phone orders and for postal orders, when we dispatch the goods. Prior to then we will be under no obligation to supply you with the goods you have ordered.
It is your responsibility to verify that your email address is in proper working order and must assume the risk of all consequences for transmission or operational failures.
Accuracy of Content
We have taken care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all goods have been fairly described. However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website. Any weights, dimensions and capacities given about the goods are approximately only. Pictures can sometimes be library pictures and not the exact one.
The price shall be the price quoted on the website except when we make an error or if the price has changed since publication. If we have made an error, then we will inform you of this as soon after you have placed your order as possible and will tell you the correct price and ask you if you still wish to place your order with us. If we have not heard back from you within 10 days, then we will presume that you did not want to place your order again with us and we will give you a full refund if you have already paid. You will be required to pay extra for delivery.
Payment and Delivery
• Payment can be made by credit card via our website, by PayPal, by telephone or bank transfer.
• Goods will be dispatched upon receipt of cleared funds.
• We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
We will deliver to the address given to us by you at the time you place your order. For security reasons, we cannot deliver to addresses other than the address of the cardholder where a credit or debit card has been used for payment. Devon 4x4 aims to ship at the first opportunity. We aim to dispatch all orders placed before 3pm on the same day. In some cases, this may not be possible if the item(s) in question are not in stock. In this case, please allow up to 30 days for delivery. The delivery service used is dependant on customer location, product weights, and product size.
All on-line credit and debit card transactions are processed securely in a strictly confidential format. At Devon 4x4 we do not collect or have any access to your credit or debit card details. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties. Devon 4x4 reserves the right to refuse acceptance of payment details if we think they are being used fraudulently.
This condition will only apply to credit customers.
In spite of delivery having been made, title in the goods shall not pass to you until you have paid all sums due to us. Notwithstanding that the goods remain our property, you may sell them, and however, you must hold the sale proceeds on trust for us until we have been paid in full.
Availability of goods you order
If we are unable to provide you with the goods you have ordered, you will be contacted as soon as possible at which point you will be offered the choice of accepting substitute goods of equivalent value or a complete refund of any sums that you have paid.
If goods are damaged in transit this must be recorded in writing at the time of receipt. We cannot accept responsibility for damaged goods if the carriers proof of delivery has been signed for as received for in good condition. Please check carefully.
It is the customer’s responsibility to remove and replace faulty parts from a vehicle and return them to our distribution centre.
Cancellations & Returns
Should you wish to cancel your order then please send written notice to us not earlier than the time when the contract was concluded and not later than 7 (seven) working days following the day that the goods were received in one of the following ways:
• By post: D44 Store Ltd, Southlea, Bish Mill, South Molton, Devon, EX36 3QU
• By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Special orders. Any goods ordered on behalf or on the instructions of a customer that are not stock items or in quantities over normal stock levels cannot be returned and/or refunded.
• Surcharges. Special order cancellations will be subject to a 50% surcharge
• All returns must be received in good condition at our distribution centre. Goods returned with damaged or incomplete packaging maybe refused return or subject to a surcharge. Any goods that have been fitted or altered in any way will not be accepted.
• Returns must be adequately wrapped and at least as well protected as it was sent by us originally. Items inadequately protected/wrapped will not be accepted for return, or a charge may be made to rectify.
You may return most items in a new and unused condition and wherever possible in the original packaging. Items must be returned within 14 days of the original purchase date.
If you wish to return an item or have been sent a broken / incorrect item then please contact the sales team for a return number.
Goods will be returned at your own cost.
Once you have notified us of your cancellation then any sums paid by you will be reimbursed within 30 days (other than our costs if we have to recover the costs from you). Where you do cancel your order, you are under a duty (until the goods are returned to us or collected by us) to retain possession of them and to take reasonable care of them. Goods must be returned to us in 'as-new' condition, otherwise restocking / refurbishment costs may be incurred.
Where you cancel your order the goods may either be:
• Returned to us at your cost; or
• If requested, collected from you at your cost. Your right to cancel does not apply to custom made items where the item was supplied in accordance with your specifications.
When using our online store, all information sent to you, and sent by you is protected by the highest levels of current browser security. All transactions and communications are encrypted and protected.
Any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Great Britain without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of Great Britain in respect of any disputes arising in connection with the website, or any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices or any matter related to or in connection therewith.
Devon 4x4 does not warrant that the products manufactured or marketed by it comply with the laws of the country where those goods are purchased or used. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to ascertain whether products being purchased, or the fitting of those products to any other object, comply with local laws.
Public Forums and User Submissions
The Website Owner is not responsible for any material submitted to the public areas by you, which include bulletin boards, hosted pages, chat rooms, or any other public area found on the website. Any material (whether submitted by you or any other user) is not endorsed, reviewed or approved by the Website Owner. The Website Owner reserves the right to remove any material submitted or posted by you in the public areas, without notice to you, if it becomes aware and determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that you are or there is the likelihood that you may, including but not limited to:
• defame abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of other users or any third parties;
• publish post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
• post or upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programmes that may damage the operation of the Website Owner’s and/or a third party’s computer system and/or network;
• violate any copyright, trade mark, other applicable Great Britain or international laws or intellectual property rights of the Website Owner or any other third party;
• Submit contents containing marketing or promotional material which is intended to solicit business.
We take the satisfaction of our customers very seriously. If you feel you have received substandard information or services from us we would like to hear about it so that we can prevent the same thing from happening again. We will make every effort to rectify genuine problems as expediently as possible. Complaints can be made either over the phone+44 (0)1769 550900 or by e-mailing email@example.com